My blog

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Rainy labor day weekend

Since it was raining all day on Sunday as the aftermath of the Ernesto hurricane, the labor day weekend is pretty much set to be spent at home. I sent the afternoon re-installing Windows XP on my dad's computer after it was infected by a virus. The installation took much longer than I thought since the Windows XP CD didn't come with the boot option. As a result, I had to download the startup disk file from Microsoft's website and create the setup disk onto 6 floppies. Because the infected machine didn't have a floppy drive, I also had to dismantle one from another machine and mount it to the infected machine. Overall, I figured that although newer operating systems are better and faster, we still sometimes need to rely on old tech (like floppy and startup disk) for the new tech to function. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home