My blog

Saturday, April 26, 2008

One day visit in Tianjing

Tianjing is a beautiful coastal city. It's famous for its opera house, standup comidy, and street snacks. My family (my uncle, aunt, cousin, mom, and I) went to visit my grand uncle by train. At a speed of almost 100km/hr, the train arrived in Tianjing shortly after an hour.

After meeting up with my grand uncle, grand aunt, and my cousin at the Tianjing train station, we took the light rail to Tang Gu - the new economic development center in Tianjing.
Tang Gu is comparable to Pudong in Shanghai and is considered to Northern economic area in China. The entire area was once upon a time the salt factory and its soil is unsuitable for planting trees. Twenty years ago when Tang Gu was chosen as the Northern economic center, soil was manually brought to the region at a price of 10 RMB per kilogram. Today the area has become a green city with high rise business and residential buildings being built everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home