My blog

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Terry Fox run

Today, Simon and I did the Terry Fox run together. At around 1PM, we arrived at the Carleton University's registration center. Once we finished registration, we pushed ourselves out of the Start line. We jogged at a very slow but comfortable pace. There were three people right in front of us and they were running at about the same pace as ours. After four resting stations, we arrived at the Turn Point. Simon and I both took a cup of water and a orange slice prepared by the event volunteers. As we were running back, we slowly passed the three young people. We continued hanging on until we finally saw the finish line. By that time, we have run 6.5km. I was extremely exhausted so I told Simon to stop. Then we walked back the final 100 meters to get back to the registration center. When we got our certificate, we felt a great sense of fulfillment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home