My blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Montreal Jazz Festival

Last Saturday, my mom and I went to the Montreal jazz festival, before it closed on Sunday. I have never seriously listened to Jazz in my entire life. Even though I've been to the Montreal Jazz Fest many times in the past, I've never sat down for more than 30 minutes in front of one stage. To my surprise, we sat down for two full-length shows and I listened to the music with my heart and soul. The first hour-long show was performed by a Dutch group of six people called "Room Eleven", with a mixture of comtemporary Jazz and pop. The second show was jointly performed by singer Lulu Hughs and Montreal's Old City Big Band. In her Jazz, Blues, and R&Bs, Lulu Hughes projected a voice that was both sweet and strong, accompanied by the band's powerful and mature music. Both performances were quite different but were both amazing in its own right. I will go back to the Montreal Jazz Festival again next year for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home