My blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Dragon Boat Practice

I've been to dragon boat races several times, but it was my first time to attend a behind-the-scene practice.

The sun is nearly set, we arrived at Hog's Back canal. Several of my friends were joined by 20 or so other young males and females at the canal bank. Shortly the dragon boat arrived. They orderely boarded the boat. The serenity of the canal was suddenly broken by the drummer's commands and and water's splashing. Each peddle was so strong that it almost roused water at the bottom of the canal. The 25 people peddled away in a synchronous pace. Shortly the boat disappeared from my eyes.
An hour later, the boat returned to the bank. All of my friends came off the boat looking exhausted. Their shorts were soaking wet, their backs hurt. But they still have a smile on their face. I know that smile, it's a smile to win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home