My blog

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Nortel LEDP Golf Tournament

Yesterday I joined the golf tournament organized by the Leadership Edge Development Program at Nortel. The profit collected from the tournament will be donated to United Way. I could say that it was my second time golfing and first time golfing 18 holes. Despite the adverse weather, the event was a lot of fun!

I was assigned to Team 5, which consists of Peter, Roger, Barry, and myself. Despite the fact that I was the only beginner golfer on our team, my teammates were extremely supportive of me. Peter showed me how to hold the club, Roger taught me the rules in Golfing, and Barry consistently encouraged my shots. I started with not leaving the ball of the ground. However, towards the end, I was able to shoot the ball high and 50 meters straight ahead.

After more than five hours of golfing, we finally finished the 18 holes. By then, most of us were frozen by the gusty winds and the rain. We quickly packed our golf clubs and walked into the cabin next to the golf course. There, I ordered spicy Ceaser and mix' mingled with my teammates and other colleagues. Soon I was warmed up and I could feel my toes again. Later on in the evening, we served ourselves a delicious buffet meal with grilled honey chicken. Meanwhile, a lot of prizes were drawn and many people walked home with lots of goodies in their hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home